Regular dental exams and x-rays help ensure you have a healthy mouth and avoid dental emergencies.
At Aria Dental we make Dental Examinations easy...
When you come to Aria Dental for your comprehensive dental exam, we will be thoroughly looking at the condition of your teeth, gums and soft tissues. A combination of visual examination and digital diagnostics will be used to detect problems at even their earliest stages. Detecting issues at an early stage can help save you time, money and discomfort that can occur when problems are left untreated. Keeping up with your regular dental checkups is a great first step toward achieving a healthy smile.
How Often Should I Get a Dental Examination Done?
Growing up, you probably went to the dentist every six months for regular cleanings. It is important for you to continue this trend as an adult. While there are some people who might need to come more often, you should get your teeth cleaned by our professionals every six months.
At Aria Dental, we can handle acute dental concerns, but we would rather prevent these concerns from developing. The best way to do that is to get your teeth examined by our professionals every six months. We will help you remember when it is time for you to get your next checkup.
What Happens at a Dental Examination?
One of the best parts of working with the team from Aria Dental is that we will work with you personally to customize your visit to meet your needs; however, there are a few common themes that take place during your dental exam. They include:
- Initial Cleaning: The first part of the visit will be the initial cleaning. During this step, a dental hygienist will clean your teeth using a special toothpaste to ensure food debris is completely removed.
Remove Plaque and
- Tartar: While our dental hygienists are very skilled, toothpaste alone is not enough to do the job from start to finish. The dental hygienist will use specialized tools to remove plaque and tartar that might otherwise cause damage to your enamel.
- Flossing: After this, the dental hygienist will use dental floss to get in between your teeth. We know that flossing your own teeth can make for an awkward angle sometimes. We will floss your teeth for you to make sure to remove anything that might be stuck in between your teeth.
- Dentist Exam: Once all of this is done, it is time for the dentist to come and take a look at your teeth. If there are any acute concerns, such as cavities, the dentist will talk about them with you.
- X-Rays: From time to time, the dentist might also order x-rays of your teeth. These are important because they allow us to make sure the structures underneath the surfaces of your gums are still healthy.
If we identify any issues with your teeth, we will address them as quickly as possible. One of the main focuses of the dental exam is identifying and fixing issues that might be present. Rely on our oral health team to take care of you.
Why Should I Get a Dental Exam?
At Aria Dental, we do a great job of teaching our patients how to take care of their teeth between visits. If your mouth looks and feels fine, why do you still need to come in for a routine cleaning? Some of the biggest reasons why you should still come for a cleaning every six months include:
- Not all dental problems lead to immediate symptoms. Your mouth might feel fine, but there could still be issues you don’t notice. A dentist from our team can identify and treat them quickly, which could prevent the issues from getting worse.
- You might have questions or concerns, and your preventative care visit is the best time to address them. This gives you a chance to learn more about how to take the best possible care of your teeth.
- The goal of a dental exam is to prevent issues from developing. Your mouth might be healthy now, but if you want it to stay that way, you need to let the team from Aria Dental remove plaque and tartar from your teeth from time to time.
For all of these reasons, make sure you get your teeth cleaned by our team every six months. It would be our honor to help you take care of your oral health.
Call Aria Dental To Schedule Your Cleaning Today
If you want to take good care of your oral health, you need to get your teeth cleaned regularly. At Aria Dental, we are here to help you do exactly that. We have developed an exceptional reputation throughout our field for taking the best possible care of our patients.
Now, we can show you what it means to truly put the patient first. You need to get a dental exam every six months if you want your oral health to be properly protected. We would be happy to handle that for you. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment with our dental team! We look forward to meeting you.