If you have experienced damage or wear and tear on your teeth, we can help restore them using Dental Fillings.
Dental Fillings at Aria Dental
Dental fillings repair and restore teeth that have been affected by fracture, cavity or wear. If damaged teeth are not repaired at an early stage, their condition can worsen and other dental treatment may be necessary. After a thorough examination of the teeth, your dentist will discuss treatment options which may include fillings. With new advancements in dentistry, fillings can now be matched to your natural tooth color. No more silver fillings visible when you laugh! If you are considering tooth-colored fillings, call us today to schedule a consultation.
What Are the Top Signs of Cavities?
If you believe that you might have a cavity in your mouth, it is important to reach out to us as quickly as possible. We know that it can be frustrating if you have cavities in your mouth, but we need to fill them quickly to prevent the problem from getting worse. This means spotting the most common signs of cavities as early as possible.
Some of the most common signs of cavities include:
- You might sense a dull ache in your tooth.
- This pain might get worse if you put pressure on that area, particularly while eating or drinking.
- You might notice that your teeth are particularly sensitive to hot and cold items.
- You might feel shooting or stabbing pains that travel from your mouth to other areas of your face.
- You might notice small black or brown spots on your teeth.
- You could spot a hole or two in your teeth.
Cavities can show up in a variety of ways, and it is important for you to keep your eyes out for these symptoms. They can be particularly serious.
How Are Fillings Placed?
If you spot these symptoms, you need to reach out to us at Aria Dental to make an appointment. We will take a close look at your teeth and decide if you need fillings. If you need to have fillings placed, we will talk about the process with you. First, we will take a look at the location of the cavity on your tooth to discuss our plan of approach.
We need to make sure we completely fill the hole to prevent the cavity from coming back. Then, we will clean the tooth to remove all decay that might be present. We need to get rid of the bacteria that caused the cavity. Otherwise, we will simply trap the bacteria under the filling when we fill the hole.
As we get started, we can choose a filling color that matches the surrounding teeth. The goal is to not only fill the hole but also to make sure it looks good when we are done. Finally, once the hole is filled, we will give you a chance to take a look at it. We want you to be happy with our work as well.
How Can I Prevent Cavities From Coming Back?
Placing the filling is only half the battle. We need to make sure that you don’t develop cavities elsewhere in your teeth. That is why we will talk with you about what you need to do to make sure you protect your teeth. Some of the tips you need to follow include:
- You need to make sure that you brush your teeth twice per day. You should do so in the morning when you wake up and in the evening before you go to bed.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste to reinforce your enamel. Fluoride is important for keeping your enamel resistant to acid produced by bacteria.
- You need to floss your teeth every day. This is important for getting in between your teeth and removing food debris that might otherwise lead to the development of cavities.
- You should also try to stay away from sugary foods and beverages. Candy can stick to your teeth and provide a food source for bacteria. Sugary drinks, such as sports drinks, soda, and fruit juice can have the same effect. Don’t consume too much sugar, or you might get cavities.
Of course, you also need to make sure you go to the dentist at least twice per year for regular cleanings. This is important for making sure that the plaque and tartar are removed from your teeth before they have a chance to lead to cavities.
Call Aria Dental Today To Make an Appointment To Discuss Fillings
You need to do everything you can to take care of your teeth, but you might also develop cavities from time to time. If you are concerned that you might have developed cavities in your teeth, we can help you with that issue. At Aria Dental, we have plenty of experience looking at cavities, and we can let you know what the best treatment option is for your needs.
We can review the benefits and drawbacks of fillings with you, helping you make the right decision. If you want to learn more about how we can help you both treat and prevent cavities, contact us today to make an appointment! We would be honored to assist you.