Comparing Invisalign vs. Braces
If you are looking for a way to straighten your teeth, you have probably thought about both Invisalign and braces. At Aria Dental, it would be our pleasure to help you find the best possible way to straighten your teeth. It is important for you to think about the benefits and drawbacks of each option before you make a decision.
Different options are better for different people, and it is important to approach this on a case-by-case basis. That is why it is crucial to reach out to our office to make an appointment with a member of our team. What do you need to know about the differences between Invisalign and braces? Take a look at a few important points below, and reach out to us to schedule an appointment.
The Advantages of Invisalign
First, it is important to take a look at some of the biggest benefits of using Invisalign to straighten your teeth. Some of the top benefits to keep in mind include:
- Invisalign Looks Better: If you do not want to have the look of metal wires and brackets on your teeth, then Invisalign could be the better option. as the name suggests, they are virtually invisible. Once the trays are on your teeth, it will be nearly impossible for someone to see them with the naked eye.
- Eat a Regular Diet: With Invisalign trays, you can eat a regular diet. You will take out the trays to eat, which means you can continue to eat and drink whatever you were consuming before. Even though it is important for you to eat a healthy diet and take care of your teeth, you do not need to worry about making any dietary adjustments.
- Easier To Brush and Floss: With Invisalign trays, it will also be easier for you to brush and floss your teeth. You do not need to worry about getting your toothbrush around the brackets and wires, and you do not need to worry about using special dental floss to get underneath the wires and between your teeth.
- Fewer Office Visits: If you want to save time, Invisalign trays can help you do that as well. You do not have to worry about coming to the office periodically to get your Invisalign trays adjusted, as you can simply swap out the trays on your own. If you want to spend less time going to and from the dentist, Invisalign trays can help you.
These are just a few of the biggest benefits of using Invisalign trays to straighten your teeth. There are a few disadvantages as well.
The Disadvantages of Invisalign Trays
Everything has benefits and drawbacks, so it is important to be aware of some of the disadvantages of Invisalign trays as well. They include:
- You Can Lose Them: You do not want to put your Invisalign trays on a lunch tray only to throw them away. When you take them out, you must make sure you always put them in a case. If you happen to lose the trays, you can set your treatment process back significantly. You need to take good care of them if you decide to go with this option.
- You Must Be Disciplined: Some people have a hard time remembering that they need to put the trays in. Keep in mind that you need to wear your Invisalign trays between 20 and 22 hours per day. If you do not do so, it will take longer for you to straighten your teeth. It Can Be Inconvenient To
- Take Them Out and Put Them In: There are a lot of people who do not like putting in their trays and taking them out, particularly when they are in public. On the other hand, it is critical for you to stay on top of your Invisalign trays. You need to make sure you take them out and put them in when you are supposed to.
Think about these benefits and drawbacks before you decide if Invisalign trays are right for you.
What About Braces?
Of course, you can also think about braces as well. Some of the advantages of using braces include:
- Just about everyone will be a candidate for braces. These have been tried and tested over many years, and they have been shown to be effective.
- There are multiple types of braces from which to choose. Even though there are metal brackets and wires available, there are other options as well.
- You don’t have to worry about putting braces in and taking them out. They will always be on your teeth, so you should be able to straighten your teeth on time.
At the same time, there are a few disadvantages that come with braces as well. A few points to keep in mind include:
- You may have a difficult time brushing and flossing your teeth. You will have to work around metal brackets and wires.
- You will have to come to the office more often to make sure your braces are doing their job. You might have to take time off from school or work.
- Braces can be a bit uncomfortable. Particularly after you get them tightened, you may feel some light pressure on your teeth.
Make sure you think about these benefits and drawbacks before you decide if braces are right for you. We would be happy to help you find the right option to meet your needs.
Work With Aria Dental
If you would like to learn more about the differences between Invisalign trays and braces, it would be our pleasure to assist you. At Aria Dental, we have a tremendous amount of experience that we can use to help you straighten your teeth. We would be honored to walk you through the benefits and drawbacks of each option, helping you make the right decision to meet your needs. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment with a member of our team.