Emergency Dental Care
Aria Dental cares about your dental emergency, and can often make you a same-day appointment to get you out of pain. Call 210-681-4867 now for prompt dental care.
Common Dental Emergencies
An urgent dental situation can happen at any time. It may happen on a weekend or the middle of the night when you’re in pain and need immediate help. While we hope you never experience a dental emergency, it’s good to know that Dr. Nguyen, Dr. Nakamine, and the staff of Aria Dental are here for you. No matter what the situation, we treat patients as quickly as possible, usually on the same day. You can simply contact us at 210-681-4867 for an appointment.
While a wide variety of dental emergencies do happen, there are certain types that are the most common. Here’s a list of the dental emergencies we treat the most often here at Aria Dental:
- Broken or chipped tooth. The cause of a broken or chipped tooth may be a trauma to the mouth, or perhaps it happens during a bite into food. Either way, you’ll want to get immediate treatment to take care of the problem. Before you come to our office for treatment, rinsing your mouth with warm water may help with the pain. An ice pack can also help to reduce pain and swelling on your way to our office. Keep the tooth in its original place if possible.
- Broken or lost crown or filling. Another thing that can happen when biting into food is that you lose a filling, or break off a portion of a crown. You will likely feel sensitivity to temperature differences from things you eat or even during breathing. You’ll want to get an evaluation as soon as you can.
- Loose tooth. You may have a trauma to your mouth or jaw that results in a loose tooth. Cover an ice pack with cloth and hold it to your jaw for temporary pain relief until you can get to the office.
- Toothache. Tooth pain can result from a number of causes, but you’ll want to get out of pain as soon as you can. Until you get to our office, use over-the-counter pain killers, and try rinsing your mouth with warm water. You can also carefully floss around the tooth to loosen any food particles that may be lodged near the tooth.
- Abcessed tooth. An abcessed tooth is often swollen and causing significant pain. Because an untreated abcess can lead to serious infection, make an appointment to see the dentist as soon as possible for evaluation and treatment.
- Injured or broken jaw. Severe injury to your jaw will most likely require a trip to the emergency room. For less severe injuries, come to our office for an evaluation and treatment for the injury and a prescription for the pain.
Dental emergencies are inconvenient and often painful. We at Aria Dental care about your urgent dental situations and are eager to serve you to restore you to pain-free oral health. We can often get you in for a same day appointment, so call our office at 210-681-4867 and get out of pain fast!
Schedule Your Visit Here
Schedule Appointment Now
We accept all major credit cards, CareCredit, Medicaid & PPO
5983 Bandera Road
San Antonio, Texas 78238
Monday – Thursday:
9:00 to 5:00 pm
9:00 to 3:00 pm
Connect With Us
Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, Most PPO’s